We finally have the great news that Samsung Galaxy Note 2 consumers have been eagerly waiting for. Samsung has officially started rolling out the Android 4.3 Jelly Bean update for the Samsung Galaxy Note 2!
And to add to the excitement, we want you to know that Samsung is now rolling out the Android 4.3 Jelly Bean update for both version of Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (Non-LTE as well as LTE). So it doesn’t matter if you own the Galaxy Note 2 N7100 (3G version) or the Galaxy Note 2 N7105 (4G version), the update is waiting for you!
The good news list does not end here – we still have a lot more to say to you. So the next good thing is that the Android 4.3 Jelly Bean update for the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 has caused no problems and issues whatsoever. We are mentioning this point because of the problem that happened with the Android 4.3 Jelly Bean update for the Samsung Galaxy S3. There were a number of complaints and consumers had a very difficult time coping with the problems cause due to the Android 4.3 firmware update.
So you do not have to worry about anything as such, but you might need to wait for some time before being able to get the firmware update. As usual, the update roll out is gradual and will come to your region soon (if it hasn’t arrived already). And yes, no need to worry about Android 4.2 either, because Samsung has decided to skip Android 4.2 and upgrade the Galaxy Note 2 directly to Android 4.3 Jelly Bean.
If you haven’t got the update notification yet, you can check for the update on your device by going to Settings -> About Phone -> Software Update. Once you get the notification, you can get the update using Kies via PC or can get it over the air (OTA) directly from your phablet.
The update will bring a lot of new features, changes and improvements along with the Samsung Galaxy Gear smartwatch support that will bring on equal grounds (almost) when compared to the Samsung Galaxy Note 3.
We know that you must be really excited about this new update and we bet that many of you must have already purchased a Samsung Galaxy Gear smartwatch as well. So go ahead and take a look at the change log for the Android 4.3 Jelly Bean update.
Change log (Android 4.3 Jelly Bean for Samsung Galaxy Note 2)
- TRIM support
- OpenGL 3.0 Support
- ANT+ Support
- Samsung KNOX Implementation (KNOX bootloader and dedicated application)
- Samsung Wallet comes pre-loaded
- New GPU drivers
- Improved RAM management
- Improved Display color reproduction (Display looks much sharper than before)
- Improved TouchWiz Launcher (Much less launcher redraws and less lag)
- New Samsung Keyboard
- New Samsung Browser (Full screen by default, new tab interface and more) and other apps
- New Reading Mode (Optimizes display for reading, used by only a few specific applications)
- New Camera firmware, Sound & shot
- Minor UI tweaks (Contacts app, Flashlight Widget, dialog boxes etc.)
- Android 4.3 features – widget lockscreen, daydream