Samsung Galaxy J has been officially announced for Taiwan and will make its way to the Taiwanese market by next week. The device was launched in Japan and after lots of leaks and speculations it is finally set to release in Taiwan.
Samsung has released a promo video for Galaxy J which you can view below. The video highlights the classy and elegant design that goes with a tagline “Just elegant.” Basically, this device is a combination phone of Galaxy S4 and the Galaxy Note 3.
Specs-wise you will find the following:
- A 5″ 1080p Super AMOLED screen
- 3GB of RAM
- 13.2-megapixel rear camera with BSI CMOS sensor and LED flash and a 2.1-megapixel front-facing camera.
- 32GB inbuilt storage expandable up to additional 64GB with the help of microSD card.
- Snapdragon 800 chipset running at 2.3GHz (quad core Krait 400 with Adreno 330)
- Removable 2600mAh battery
- Runs Android 4.3 Jelly Bean
- Connectivity-wise it has 3G, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS/A-GPS, and NFC
We were expecting a metal back cover which is not the case. The back cover has a ‘hair effect’ that gives it a brushed metal feel and look. Shape-wise the phone has a more rectangular look with less rounded corners. Samsung Galaxy J is compatible with Galaxy Gear and can connect to local LTE-Advanced 4G networks.
The device will be available by next week on contract with major Taiwanese carriers. The Samsung Galaxy J will also be available for Taiwan users for of 21,900 NTD, which comes to around $741 when converted. It will be available in Red and White in Taiwan while the Blue variant is exclusive to Japan as of now.
We are not sure about its release in international markets as is no news from Samsung regarding its release outside Taiwan and Japan. Speculations however state that since Galaxy S4 sales have not been as expected, Samsung may look at releasing Galaxy J in other markets to meet their annual sales target.
What are your views on the new device from Samsung? Do write to us with your views in the comments section provided below.