The new beta 2 version of iOS 7.1 firmware from Apple has been released to registered developers.
This new iOS 7.1 beta 2 firmware comes with several improvements and bug fixes. The Touch ID and Passcode are now available in the Settings menu instead of being deeply buried in the ‘General’ Menu. The extended list of tweaks and enhancements in the beta 2 version are listed in the change log given below.
- Increased animation speed making apps open faster
- There is a bounce animation for control centre when it is pulled up
- An accessibility setting to allow iDevice users to turn on button shapes
- iTunes matching is a lot faster in iOS 7.1 beta 2
- A new wallpaper for iPad has been added
- A new toggle for car display has been designed
- Listing events in calendar application is a lot easier now
- There is now an option to minimise the top and bottom header of Safari when the page is loading
- And finally, the ‘Same default tone’ bug has been fixed
The new toggle for car display feature has set the rumour mill buzzing with reports stating that Apple is gearing up to release “iOS in the Car” in the near future. This feature apparently will allow users to link their iPhone or iPad to their vehicle that would allow the iDevice users to control music, messages and maps through their car.
The iOS 7.1 beta 1 update has been in testing for a month and now the second stage of beta 2 which is being rolled out does not suggest any major visual changes. As per the change log, the changes are mere enhancements to the operating system.
If you are a registered iOS developer you will soon get a notification to update your registered device. Apple’s iOS 7.1 beta 2 is also available for download from Apple’s developer website.
What are your views on the above change log? Are you a registered iOS developer and have received a notification for device update? Do write to us with your experience with the update in the comments section provide below.