Samsung Electronics has announced a new entrant in the mid-range Android smartphone segment: the ‘Galaxy Core Advance’.
The main difference when compared to the previous generation model named the ‘Galaxy Core’ is a bigger screen size of 4.7 inches compared to 4.3 on the earlier model. However, it retains the resolution of 480×800 that will most likely give a sub-par viewing experience.
Apart from that, there is nothing much to differentiate the ‘Galaxy Core Advance’ as the rest of the internals are exactly the same as that of the ‘Galaxy Core’. We at Online Gadget Store feel that just a small bump in the screen size does not justify the Advance tag that this smartphone boasts of.
Key Specifications of Samsung Galaxy Core Advance are as given below:
- Processor: Dual Core 1.2 GHz
- Dimensions: 133.3 x 70.5 x 9.7 mm, 145g
- Display: 4.7 inch WVGA TFT
- Memory: 1GB RAM + 8 GB Internal Memory expandable up to 64 GB with microSD
- Camera: 5MP Auto-focus + VGA
- Battery: 2,000 mAh
- OS: Android 4.2 Jelly Bean
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi b/g/n/, 2.4 GHz; USB 2.0 H/S; NFC; BT 4.0; GPS ＋ GLONASS
- Features & Services: Sound & Shot, Group Play, S Translator, Easy Mode, S Voice, S Beam, Instant Voice Recorder, Voice Guidance (TTS, Voice Guided Camera, Text Reader), FM Radio.
As you can see above, there are a plethora of smart options like ‘Sound & Shot’ and ‘Group Play’ which are also provided in the higher-end Galaxy series smartphones.
Samsung also mentions that they will launch a range of dedicated accessories separately, which will enhance the Galaxy Core Advance’s capabilities.
The Galaxy Core Advance will be available in two colors: Deep Blue and Pearl White. At this moment, we do not have further details about its international availability and launch price. We will keep you posted about its launch date as soon as we get any updates.
Do the Samsung Galaxy Core Advance’s features and specifications excite you? Or do you feel that this will be just another smartphone in the vast sea of mid-range Android smartphones? Do let us know you thoughts by writing to us in the comments section below.