After a lot of speculations and rumours the much awaited Vivo Xplay 3S from China is finally here. This thin device packs more pixels and provides sharper and clearer images.
Specs-wise you can expect the following
- A 6-inch panel with 2,560 x 1,440 display- Now that’s a ridiculously high 490ppi density
- A 2.3GHz quad-core Snapdragon 800
- 3 GB of RAM
- 32GB of storage capacity
- A 3,200mAh battery
- The rear 13 MP camera comes with f/1.8 aperture along with a 5 MP front camera for video chat
- It has a dedicated pair of audio chips – a combination of high-performance DAC and amplifier
- A fingerprint scanner on its rear (not sure if it smooth and fluid as the iPhone 5S Touch ID button)
- It is just 5.75mm thick making it the world’s thinnest phone
The device comes with audio technologies such as TI OPA2604 amplifier and ESS Technology ES9018 DAC and a built-in DTS Headphone:X feature that brings 7.1 to 11.1 surround sound effect to your headphones.
Vivo Xplay 3S comes powered with a customized version of Android which has been named ‘Funtouch OS’.
The device has the ability to change certain camera settings with voice commands and has various beautification features. Photo+ is an interesting video sharing app that uses augmented reality to animate video clips. Now, isn’t that enough to keep the youngsters busy?
There are some other features like use of gesture assignment for contacts, mood-based music playlist, location-based reminders and many more.
Considering the ridiculously high resolution, we are keeping our judgment for battery endurance till we have a first-hand review of the device.
There is no information on its availability right now but we can expect a full-fledged launch before the Chinese New Year. From what we hear, the Chinese online store Tmall may start taking pre-orders soon. The device is priced at CN¥3,498 ($580) and is likely to rollout globally by early next year.
What are your views on the XPlay 3S from Vivo? Do write to us with your comments in the section provided below.
Source: Vivo (Chinese)