HTC has made an unexpected announcement of their smartphone- the HTC Desire 400, a dual SIM device. The announcement was done without any fanfare or event and was quietly listed on a few of its regional websites. What is surprising is that the specs are not standard across the regions and differ country-wise.
In terms of processing power and camera, the Russian and Ukrainian Desire 400 models differ to some extent. Other specs such as connectivity, battery and operating system remain the same across regions. All models are packed with home-backed customizations such as Sense UI and BlinkFeed.
We have listed the specifications of the Russian and Ukrainian Desire 400 versions for your easy reference.
- Has 4.3-inch super LCD2 touch screen display
- Has a 480 x 800 pixels resolution
- The Russian version comes powered by Snapdragon 400 processor which is clocked at 1.2GHz and has a quad-core architecture. On the other hand the model available in Ukraine is less powerful as it comes with dual-core processor clocked at 1GHz- (This is one of the biggest difference between the two models)
- 1 GB of RAM
- 4 GB of internal storage with the ability to expand it via microSD card support
- For the primary camera the Russian model comes with 8 MP with LED flash while the Ukrainian version has a 5 MP camera
- You get 1.6 MP Front-facing camera for Russia and VGA front camera for Ukraine
- The device has 1800 mAh battery which according to the company has a capacity to last upto 12 hours on 3G talk time
- Device runs on Android 4.2 Jelly Bean
- Has a dual-SIM functionality
- Weighs 119 grams
The HTC Desire 400 handset is available in Black, White and Blue colour options. Right now we do not have details on the pricing but we predict that it may differ from region to region considering the differences in specs.
The date of availability is likely to be announced within a day or two. Till then, let’s wait for more news from HTC to flow in.
What are your views on this device? Do write to us with your comments in the section provided below.