Good news for all customers owning the following devices: Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR and Xperia Tablet Z. Sony has announced that they have officially started the rollout of Android 4.3 Jelly Bean for the above devices.
Below is the official change-log for the Android 4.3 Jelly Bean update for the Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR and Xperia Tablet Z:
- Google’s Android 4.3; Jelly Bean as standard – bringing Project Butter performance & UI optimization and a smoother graphical experience
- Sony’s Smart Social Camera– our signature camera experience, that lets you download, access and enjoy “Xperia camera apps” directly from within the viewfinder
- We’re also uplifting Sony’s entire native app portfolio to the latest versions – bringing tweaked / improved / current experiences for (to name but a few): Messaging, MyXperia, Smart Connect, Small apps, TrackID, Sony Select
- Sony’s Media apps: WALKMAN, Album and Movies, with Sony Entertainment Network cloud service integration* – a more converged and full Sony entertainment experience – Sony Entertainment Network & PlayMemories integration with a more intuitive UI, offering seamless access to both local and cloud content
- The launch of our unique custom interface experience: “Xperia Themes”, with downloadable UI packs from Sony Select
- The latest Android security enhancements, matched with Sony’s mobile enterprise solution: Xperia in Business
- Battery STAMINA Mode – updated version of Sony’s power management app, now with refreshed interface and more smart options for prolonging battery life
- Increased user control for Xperia Tablet Z, with “Restricted Profiles”; option to create isolated, secure spaces with individual local storage, home screens, widgets and settings
Sony mentions that the timing and availability of the Android 4.3 Jelly Bean update will vary according to the market and carrier. We request you to keep a lookout for upgrade notifications on your device.
Sony has recently been on a commendable streak of ensuring that their popular smartphones are receiving the latest Android updates on time which has eventually led to an increase in users placing confidence on their devices.
Do you own any of the above Sony devices that are receiving the Android 4.3 Jelly Bean update? Are you excited and looking forward to the update? Do let us know your thoughts in the comments section below.