E-Book Readers have revolutionized the way books are read. Instead of carrying a load of books in your backpack which you may or may not decide to read, comes an E-book reader. If you are a book lover, then this is one technological breakthrough that you will appreciate. Reading an e-book in the comfort of your home, while relaxing in the park, while commuting from work and in every possible time and place you want has never been so light and easy. Most E-book readers weigh less than 7 ounces and the heaviest not more than 16 ounces depending on which brand you prefer.
How To Choose the Perfect E-Book Reader
There are a lot of E-book brands to choose from in the market. Below are just some of the things you should consider when buying an E-book reader.
- Aesthetic appeal
Choose what kind of design you want. Some E-book readers offer LCD color screens for vivid images while others offer E-Ink technology .
- Screen size
You can choose from 7.9 inches, 7 inches, 6 inches and 5 inch display screen
- Memory Size
You can choose from 16 GB and 32 GB memory, literally hundreds of e-books can be stored and downloaded
- · Content
Some E-book readers come with thousands of free e-books, but most e-book reader does not support a lot of file types so be sure to pick one that supports the most files.
- · Battery Life
You must choose an E-book reader that lasts longer especially if you love reading while commuting. Some E-book reader can last up to 70 hours while some only for 8 hours.
- Additional features
Some extra features to look for are audio formats, image formats, connectivity.
What Are the Best E-Book Reader Available in the Market?
Below is a list of E-book readers currently on the market listed according to popularity:
- Apple’s iPad Mini 7.9 inch LCD 16 GB/32 GB up to 10 hours battery life
- Kindle Fire HD 7 inch IPS screen 16 GB/32 GB up to 11 hours battery life
- Nook HD 7 inch display IPS screen 8 GB/16 GB up to 10 hours battery life
- Kindle Paper White 3G 6 inch display Paperwhite built in light 2 GB up to 28 hours battery life
- Nook Simple Touch with Glow Light 6 inch display 2 GB up to 30 hours battery life
- Nook Tablet 7 inch display LCD 16 GB up to 11.5 battery hours
- Nook Color 7 inch display 8 GB up to 8 hours battery life
- Kobo Glo Wireless E-Reader 6 inch display E-Ink 2 GB up to 70 hours battery life
As you can see from the list above, the most preferred E-Book reader is the iPad Mini followed by Kindle Fire HD. Apple’s iPad Mini support the most document formats, audio format and image formats, battery recharging takes up to 2 hours. Kindle Fire HD although second only in popularity , is the best-seller in the market today due to its affordability.