The popularity of online shopping has grown immensely over the last few years. One of the main reasons being the reduced prices offered and the ease of payment through PayPal. With the onset of new technology products being offered daily, this has become the hub for sales. However, not every online store is as reputable as you would like them to be. So, buyer beware.
Browse the websites of the product you are considering buying and before making your purchase read the checklist below to avoid being cheated.
Here are some ways you can help protect yourself when shopping online.
- Firstly, check the reputation of the website you wish to buy from. Does it have a certificate to show its’ authenticity?
- Does the checkout take you to a secure site?
- Is PayPal available to make your purchase? If PayPal is, it is in your interest to learn about it, as it is one of the safest ways to do money transactions online.
- Check their feedback from previous buyers, as they are usually very honest about their opinion of receiving good service or the opposite.
- Always make sure you see how much postage is going to be charged and whether this is for Next Day Delivery, Express post on General Mail.
- Is there a return policy. If so look to see how many days you have to return the goods.
- If no return policy is in place, write to them to ask what guarantee you have if goods faulty or not as described.
- Quick replies are essential.
You should protect your welfare as a consumer while shopping online. Online shopping can be fun and in most cases money saved. Be alert and check out the store and if satisfied go ahead and enjoy the savings.
Brick and Mortar Store
You may not be interested in shopping online and much prefer to shop at your local store.
- You can see what you are buying and take the goods home immediately.
- There is a salesperson in the store to answer your queries.
- They have a physical store to return goods if faulty
- There are no postal charges
- If the shop is owner operated, a discount price can sometimes be negotiated
- You can pay with cash or by credit card.
- You feel like you are contributing to your local community
Whichever your choice of where to buy, more and more people are going online to review and news sites, to see exactly what is on offer. With technology based products this a great way of seeing what is new on the market or coming soon. No disappointment on making a purchase only to find a new model is coming out next week. In most cases, on these review sites, the person has actually viewed and tested the product before writing the review. The specifications and approximate prices are given too. You will know whether a product is suitable for gaming or for normal use.
Due to the recent global economic crisis, people have become hesitant about spending their money. They are worried they could lose their jobs, with so many businesses going bankrupt. As a result both online and local stores have suffered greatly through lack of sales. To entice people back to their stores, they are holding Sales, their goods have been reduced and there is no better time to grab a bargain. Both online and local stores want your business and feel if they can get the edge in any way, they will.
Make this work for you. You are the consumer and with the knowledge you gain through research, the more likely you will successfully purchase the product you want.
Some people prefer shopping online, others at their local store. With both options. knowledge is power and with the help of news and reviews sites you can get all the information you need to make the best choice. For the latest information on technology products, please visit http://www.captees.com
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Wayne_John_Bond
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/7805005