This serves as a good news to all Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 users. You can now install the latest Jelly Bean which is Android 4.2.2 with CyanogenMod 10.0. This will provide a much faster performance for the tablet. Though a statement says that this trigger error, crashes and intermittent issues. If in any case that this happens to the device, there is a need to reinstall or repair it.
Please verify the following before the process:
- The instructions that are provided in this guide and CyanogenMod 10.0 Nightly ROM are exclusively intended for Galaxy Tab 27.0 and that it will never take effect on any other model. Remember to check your device’s model before anything else.
- Double check that the exact drivers are available and installed. Verify that it is the one for your device.
- Before starting, check if the battery is at least at its 85% if not 100%.
- For assurance, back up important files.
- Enable USB Debugging Mode (check user manual for the guidelines)
- The device has to be factory unlocked. Make sure that it has installed ClockworkMod.
- Dalvic Cache Wipe is needed before switching to recovery mode
- After the installation of the firmware, it is normal for Samsung KIES not to be in a recovery mode.
However, we are not responsible for any damage, as these guidelines are used only as a reference.
The following steps will assist the user in upgrading Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 to Android 4.2.2 CyanogenMod 10.1 Nightly Jelly Bean ROM:
- Make sure that Google Apps and Android 4.2.2 CM10.1 Nightly ROM has already been installed in the computer.
- Using the original USB cable for the device, connect the tablet to the computer.
- Copy the firmware and Google Apps files to the main storage folder.
- Turn off the device and disconnect cable from the PC.
- Switch the tablet to Recovery Mode (check user manual for guidelines).
- Next, be sure to wipe full data. Choose Flash zip from SD card. To do so, use the power button to select.
- Touch the power button for the second time. Make sure to click “Choose zip from SD Card.”
- Don’t forget to confirm the installation of its ROM, and then installation should begin.
- Once the Google Apps and ROM are installed, click Go Back and choose Reboot System now.
Rebooting the tablet may take a few minutes and all you have to do is wait. The same steps will be done to install Google Apps, too. Make sure that every single step is being followed correctly. By the time all these steps are performed, your Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 has just been upgraded to Android 4.2.2 CM10.1. Good job!