We have important news for Sony Xperia Z1 and Sony Xperia Z Ultra consumers. Sony has started rolling out a new firmware update for these two smart devices. So if you have not got the update notification yet, we suggest that you check the same and upgrade your Xperia Z devices.
The new firmware update for the Sony Xperia Z1 and Sony Xperia Z Ultra brings a lot of improvements to the table. The improvements are said to influence a number of components of these devices including the camera, display as well as battery performance.
Sony Xperia Z1
Sony Xperia Z1 consumers will actually get a lot more improvements compared to the Xperia Z Ultra. The update will add an improved camera algorithm that will result in better all round performance. The clarity and performance of the camera present on the Xperia Z1 is already at par, but with this update things will get even better.
Additionally, Sony has also made changes to the Smart Social Camera platform. The company has improved the performance of important features including Burst Mode, Superior Auto, AR Effect and Sweep Panorama.
Sony Xperia Z Ultra
Sony Xperia Z Ultra consumers will also be getting an important improvement. The new firmware update will optimize touchscreen sensitivity on the device. This way, the device display will be more responsive and effective to fingers as well as the stylus.
Apart from the improvements and updates mentioned above, the firmware update also brings important changes to both, the Sony Xperia Z1 and the Xperia Z Ultra. These changes include a re-calibrated display that improves display performance, altered power saving mode for longer battery life and streamlined Exchange connection for faster email sync, display and download.
Consumers should note that the firmware update is already out and you should go ahead and update your devices. As mentioned earlier, if you have not got the update notification yet, you can check for the update manually. As always, the update roll out will be gradual and it might take time for the update to be available in your region. But to check for update manually, simply go to Settings -> About Phone -> Software update.
By the way, for those who want the exact words from Sony, check this out.
For Xperia Z1, we’ve…
- tweaked the camera algorithm for even better all round performance
- refined Sony’s Smart Social Camera platform, so Xperia Camera apps run more smoothly (particularly Burst Mode, Superior Auto, AR Effect and Sweep Panorama…)
For Xperia Z Ultra, we’ve…
- optimized touchscreen sensitivity, for both finger gestures and writing / sketching with pencils, metal pens and selected styluses
And then across both products, we’ve…
- re-calibrated the display ever so slightly, to ensure viewing experiences remain bright & bold
- economised power consumption for longer battery life
- streamlined Exchange connection for faster email sync, display and download